FlipaClip is one of the most popular and simpler animation apps for Android these days. With it, you can create any draw animation or Gif you want in a few easy steps. Also, it is very friendly and colorful, but the most remarkable feature is that it allows you to make your cartoon animations in an old-fashion way. In this article, you’ll find out how to create cartoons with FlipaClip Animation App.
How to Download FlipaClip Animation App?
As Flipaclip is an app developed for Samsung Galaxy Note app Challenge, it is officially available for Android. You can find it easily at Google’s App Store and if you’re into coding, you’re on a lucky day because Flipaclip is open source.
For downloading Flipaclip on your Android device follow these steps:
- Go to Google Play store
- In the search bar type Flipaclip
- Hit install and it will automatically download on your device.
- If you want to download it to a PC, you’ll need to first have an Android emulator installed.
Beginning a new project
When you run the app, the first screen you’ll find will give the display a great “+” sign inside a circle. That’s what you have to press to begin your animation project. Once you’ve hit the button, the first screen you’ll see is the data form that includes:
- Project name: you can write the name you want
- Background: choose your background from the options available and you can even select a transparent PNG image for a transparent background.
- Canvas size: the options are specific to youtube, Instagram, facebook, etc.
- Frames per second: you can choose how many frames you’ll need to create one second of animation. 20FPS is usually ok.
Then hit the “create project” button to actually start drawing your Flipaclip cartoon animation.
Creating and drawing your frames
Once you’ve reached this point, you’ll find a screen with all the options available for drawing or creating your Flipaclip cartoons. The options are:
- Squared “+” button: with this button, you can create a new frame. You can select any frame you’ve created by clicking on it.
- Pencils: there’re 4 available pencils with different opacity and size.
- Ruler: square, circular and line.
- Copy paste.
- text for including words
Drawing frame per frame
For drawing your frames you can actually select the kind of paper you want and then all you have to do is use your favorite pencils and let your creativity fly. Also, you can use the opacity drawing that gives you the opportunity of guiding yourself with the lines of the original drawing. You can also follow your timeline so you won’t skip any frame on your Flipcaclip animation.
FlipaClip is compatible with digital pens and Samsung Spen so you can actually draw easily. Also, it is recommended to use it on a large tablet so you can actually take advantage of all the features the app offers.
After you’re done with your Flipaclip animation, all you have to do is exporting it to your favorite social network or youtube channel.
Must Read: Download FlipaClip for iOS devices from this link.